Monday, April 2, 2012

Shit Happens…How You React Is What Counts


The last couple of years the economy has led to a lot of people losing their jobs due to company cut backs. Many people had no idea it would hit them. Last week Chase’s position was eliminated and we find ourselves in a financial situation so many others have been found themselves in.

The key is how do we handle this. So many people fall off the wagon of good nutrition and training when they encounter difficult obstacles in their lives. Some even fall off when they encounter tiny speed bumps. I have always chosen to not let these things affect how I eat or how I train. The financial problems are enough I don’t want to add weight gain to the mix. I have the choice to stay on the path toward my goal and not let life's hurdles deter me..

I was 2 weeks into my prep for 2012 NPC USAs Bodybuilding Championships when we received the news. I had two choices. I could have given up thinking there is no way we will have all the money needed to compete, but instead I decided to stay the course. Right now there is no money that needs to be spent in order to stay in contest prep mode. The majority of the money isn’t needed until right before the show (hotel, travel, tanning, make-up etc) I have it in my mind that not only will things work out but that this door was closed because a better one will be opening. I am still in the mindset that I WILL be on stage July 27-28th in Las Vegas.  If by chance things don't work out in time for USAs I will just regroup and go on for Nationals. Regardless I know when I next step on stage I will be my best and know I gave 100% whether times were easy or hard.

Things will be very tight and we will be making sacrifices but this would be no different if I decided to quit prep.  The most important thing is for me to not worry about what might happen but focus on the positive and helping Chase to find a new position. Us worrying will not help. We are  both staying positive, focusing on a better opportunity revealing itself and both staying 100% dedicated to our nutrition and training.

We are so very blessed to have met such wonderful and supportive friends here in AZ.  These are truly giving people who help out and support each in their time of need.  These friends are willing to go out of their way to be part of my team and help me reach my goal. I am thankful every day for the people who have entered my life in the last couple of years. Thank you!



3 comments:

  1. OMG. You are huge girl in a totally different way. How are you? Good to see you still at it and going hard Suzanne.

    (Ironbelle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ocutech offers the NOIR glasses machined to fit over their VES-SPORT or VES-K systems.

    https://www.ocutech.com/product/ocutech-accessories/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great they offer them now. They started doing that after they saw my set up with the cut NOIRs.

      Delete